I think it’s safe to say that I’m in love with Paris. I don’t know how our long distance relationship is going to work or when we are going to see each other again, but I think it’s going to work out.
This is what I love and will miss about Paris
- the wide Haussmannian boulevards with terminating vistas
- catching glimpses of the Eiffel Tower and the Sacre-Cœur
- all of the beautiful parks
- the public transportation, but espicallly the RER B, which I spent so much time on
- the food (if anyone tries to tell you that being a vegetarian in Paris is hard, they are lying to you)
- the Seine
- riding the 6 and going through Vavin (which is pronounced like ‘va-va’)
- the breathtaking art museums
- listening to the French speak English, which they are terrible at
- picnicking in one of the beautiful parks
- did I mention the food?
- being able to navigate the maze that is Les Halles
- walking everywhere and feeling safe while doing so
- the uniform sandstone buildings
- getting lost and stumbling across something beautiful
- or getting lost and then discovering that you know exactly where you are
I think what really made Paris special and what I miss the most were all of my amazing classmates, my professor, and all the friends that I made. If it were not for them, I don’t think that I would have had such a phenomenal time.